Position: Program Engagement Coordinator
Category: Events Management/ Programming/ Strategic Thinking
This position will play an integral role at Sinai Temple, working alongside passionate clergy to support our growing community and help us increase engagement through programming, communications and relationship building. The Program & Engagement Coordinator will 1) take the lead on planning, implementing, and evaluating synagogue programming, 2) engage members and prospective members through direct outreach and relationship building, and 3) serve as the liaison on shared programming with our Sisterhood, Men’s Club and other partners. This position involves strategic planning, high-level coordination among different aspects of the Sinai Temple community, and collaboration with multiple departments in the organization. Some evenings and weekends are required.
PROGRAMMING & ENGAGEMENT
Design, plan, and implement an annual programming calendar that offers an arc of learning and empowers our members to explore their evolving Jewish identities, and connect with one another and to the larger Sinai Temple kehillah.
- Create and execute a strategic plan for annual programs and learning opportunities in collaboration with the clergy team.
- Holistically oversee the annual programs and events calendar
- Develop detailed project plans for each program and event in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- Design and implement 3-4 “stand out” community-wide programming (Shabbatonim, Shabbat dinners, holiday programming) over the course of the year.
- Collaborate with rabbis in implementing adult education programming
- Strategize with Communications Team on the creative and effective promotions of all community events and engagement opportunities
- Manage budgets and resource allocation for programming initiatives
- Evaluate programming and track engagement information
- Collect and maintain data on participants
- Implement appropriate communications following events
- Collaborate with the Catering and Events Manager to execute logistics for all programs and events
- Welcome new members, reach out to them and learn what they are looking for from a synagogue community.
- Build relationships with veteran members, prospective members, and program participants through phone calls, coffee dates, and one-on-one meetings.
- Intentionally facilitate connections between members, building micro-communities to foster connection and personal growth.
- Share relevant information about members (pastoral, fundraising etc) to Executive Director and clergy
- Partner with with lay leaders and affiliate groups to support community building programming that engages each group and enhances the synagogue community calendar (e.g., Men’s Club, Sisterhood, Israel Center, etc.)
- Delegate tasks and ensure that all deadlines for action items on project plans are
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Significant event planning and program management experience
- Strategic thinking and the ability to plan into the future
- Takes initiative, can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing, friendly, comfortable talking to new people
- Team player, likes to work collaboratively
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Adept with technology and the ability to learn and adopt new systems
- Ability to stay calm and flexible in the midst of obstacles and changes
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, purpose-driven and fluid environment
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience with generous benefits package including full health, vision, and dental coverage. Salary range: $70,000-$80,000
Sinai Temple is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal law. This job description is subject to change by management. Reasonable accommodation will be made in accordance with the law.
Please send your resume to Jessica Green, Executive Director.