Sinai Temple Religious SchoolMeet our StaffOur Program & Calendar
KINDERGARTEN – 2ND GRADE
Students meet on Sundays from 9:30am-12:30pm and have the option to attend the kindergarten – 2nd grade enrichment program on Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm. Students are invited to join in with STARS Shabbat services, which are usually held on the 2nd Saturday of each month from October – June.
- To foster a positive experience and a love of Judaism through the learning of midot (character traits), kavod (respect), chesed (loving kindness), and more.
- To have fun and create friendships that last through adulthood.
- To skip all the way to the classroom on Sunday mornings.
1ST GRADE GOALS:
- Students should be confident and proud in their recitation of the aleph-bet, prayers, Jewish holidays and basic Hebrew phrases.
- Through art projects and role play, students should have a basic understanding of the concept of derech eretz, mitzvot, and how to act with kindness and respect.
2ND GRADE GOALS:
- Guide students to recognize and appreciate their Jewish identity.
- By experiencing the Jewish holidays and traditions, we will create a class that is constantly filled with celebration, joy, and happiness through songs and hands-on activities.
3RD – 4TH GRADE
Students meet on Sundays from 9:30am-12:30pm and on Wednesdays from 4:00pm-6:00pm. Students attend seven STARS Shabbat services per year, which are generally held on the 2nd Saturday of each month from October – June.
3RD GRADE GOALS:
- To positively interact with Judaism and be a proud Jew.
- To contribute to the Jewish community through prayer literacy.
- To be able to accurately identify and pronounce Hebrew letters and vowel blends.
4TH GRADE GOALS:
- To explore the connection of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel.
- To understand the importance of mitzvot in guiding our lives and enriching the Jewish spirit of our heritage.
- To enjoy and read basic Hebrew text smoothly and accurately.
5TH – 7TH GRADE
Students meet on Sundays from 9:30am-12:30pm and also attend weekly POD class on either Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on parent choice and class availability) for an hour and 15 minutes class. Students enjoy a sleepover Havdallah and a weekend retreat.