Updated Monday, November 27, 2023
One People, One Heart: Solidarity With Israel – Event hosted at Sinai Temple on November 19th, 2023 in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles and dozens of community partners
We are thrilled to announce that an anonymous donor has generously donated $100,000 do our Friends of the Israel Defense Forces Fundraising Campaign! We have now reached our goal to purchase two fully operational ambulances that will be deployed in Israel. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this campaign!
We encourage you to donate to the Jewish Federations of North America. Show your solidarity with Israel and make a vital impact for those directly affected by the war. Donate to the Jewish Federation Fund.
- Jewish National Fund-USA – Israel Resilience Campaign
- AIPAC – URGENT ACTION NEEDED: Tell the White House and Congress to stand with Israel! Please keep contacting America’s leaders and share this link with your friends and family.
- Click HERE for resources from Israel Policy Forum
- Elnet – The European Leadership Network, the leading NGO dedicated to strengthening Europe-Israel relations
- IsraAID – Your support now is vital. Please make a donation to support IsraAID’s expanding work in Israel. Wherever it’s needed, for as long as it takes, IsraAID will stand by the people of Israel. Please contact Sherry Weinman at [email protected] or Rachael Sonntag-Bloom at [email protected] with any questions.
- Duvdevan Foundation – Israeli Elite Military Unit: Taxpayer Identification Number(s) – 83-0860160 העמותה לקידום, טיפוח והנחלת מורשת יחידת דובדבן, ע.ר 580356764. For US donations, click here.
- American Friends of the Israeli Navy Seals
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- Magen David Adom – Israel’s National Emergency Medical Service
- United Hatzalah – First Responder
Sheba Medical Center has set up an emergency fund. They are in need of equipment for the hospital as well as the Barzilai Hospital in the South. They also have many patients in ICU and sadly are anticipating many more. They are planning to triple their ICU beds, rehab facilities and rehab staff. They have created a trauma center to help with the 2200 survivors of the music festival. And as we know, dealing with trauma will be a long lasting and difficult road. Due to the influx of patients, they will have to expand their Sheba Beyond services which provides virtual services and physical equipment to patients. This is just a few of the services they are implementing. We need everyone to mobilize in this effort. We can all help in some capacity. Ask your friends and family to help the wounded. People can text HEAL to 24365 to get to their donation landing page.
- Israel at War: Resource Guide, via Israel21c
- Navigating Anti-Israel Claims with Honesty and Clarity: A Comprehensive Guide
Sinai Temple in the News
- Los Angeles Times: “For L.A. Jews, weeks of war have changed everything” featuring Sinai Temple’s clergy, congregation members, and creative collaborators
- Jewish Journal: “A Visit to Palisades High School” by Rabbi Erez Sherman
- Jewish Journal: “Why I Went to Israel in Wartime, and Why We All Need to Find Ways to Show Up” by Rabbi Avi Taff
- Associated Press: “Far from Israel, Jews grieve and pray for peace in Shabbat services held as Israel-Hamas war rages” featuring Rabbi Nicole Guzik
- New York Times: “At U.S. Synagogues, Calls for Peace and Too Many Emotions to Process” featuring Rabbi Nicole Guzik
The Sinai Temple Mental Health Center
The Sinai Temple Mental Health Center held two sessions for Sinai Temple members and non- members to process our emotional responses to the crisis in Israel and share coping strategies. Additional sessions are being planned.
Dispatch on the War and the Situation at Harvard from Rabbi David Wolpe
Thank You Message from IDF Soldiers
Is your child or family member serving in the IDF? Email their name to [email protected] so that we can add them to our collective prayer list, which is read during each Shabbat.